Sunday, January 24, 2010

Update: Work and Vacation

Again, another long absence from blogging. My apologies. This time my excuse is that my mentor/boss has resigned and I am taking over her duties, on top of my own.  (See, isn't that a legitimate excuse?)  Although I'm excited to be getting more responsibility, I now spend a good portion of my time uttering the following prayer to the public health gods: "Oh global health deities, let me not screw this up."  Clearly, my time is being used in very productive ways.

In anticipation of another absence and the resulting angry email from my parents, let me share some good news: I'm going to Ethiopia!  After not taking an hour off in 3.5 months, I decided it was time for a little vacation.  Because I have to take this vacation before my boss leaves and I become permanently tethered to my desk, I will be gone from Feb 11-22, so don't expect any posts from me then.  However, I promise a flood of posts upon my return, complete with pictures, or at least links to my pictures.  During those 11 days we will be going to the historic cities of Lalibela, Axum, Gondor, and Bahir Dar, as well as Addis Ababa.  If you want to learn more about these places (and to make sure they're safe, which I promise you they are) you can check out Wikitravel.

In case I don't get to post before I go, let me just say that I wish you all could join me on this trip and that its not too late to do so-- just jump on the next plane to Addis Ababa! I'll meet you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment